Note: This is a list of the most common items you might need to complete your Schedule C profit/loss from business. Please make sure you compile these items prior to your appointment. Do not forget that it is your responsibility to send in your expenses already totaled. PLEASE PROVIDE US A HARD COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS.
PLEASE NOTE: ITEMS WE CAN USE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE SEASON AS LAWS CAN STILL CHANGE.
_____ 1. New clients must have copies of previous federal Schedule C with depreciation schedules. (If applicable.)
_____ 2. Provide business name and address.
_____ 3. Provide employer ID number. (If applicable.)
_____ 4. If you had to file any 1099 forms, you must provide copies.
_____ 5. Provide total gross receipts of sales (total income for the business).
_____ 6. Any returns or allowances (refunds or return of the deposit).
_____ 7. Expenses (please total by category):
- Car/truck expenses (total mileage for the year on the vehicle and
mileage used for the business)
- Contract labor
- Employee benefits
- Business insurance
- Mortgage interest (for business building)
- Other interest (i.e. credit card, revolving interest, loan—not
- Legal and professional service fees
- Office expenses
- Office rent
- Equipment rental
- Repairs and maintenance
- Taxes and license fees
- Travel expenses
- Wages paid to employees (not 1099)
- Individual/family health insurance if paid by the business. (Please
refer to the tax checklist for specifics needed.)
- Beginning inventory (if applicable.)
- Ending inventory (If applicable.)
- Cost of goods sold (If applicable.)
- Business use percentage of cell phone costs
- Internet fees directly related to the business
- Uniform and laundry
- Business gifts
- Postal fees and shipping
- Storage fees
- Large purchase items over $400. Must know date of purchase and exact
cost (i.e. computers)
_____ 8. If you use office in home, please provide the total square footage of
the home and the square footage of the office.
Additional information needed if a daycare facility:
_____ 1. Total square footage of the home.
_____ 2. Square footage of the home used for daycare purposes.
_____ 3. Number of hours used each day (includes 30 minutes prior and 60 minutes
after students are present
_____ 4. Total number of days per week, and total number of days for the year
that daycare students are present in the home.
_____ 5. Date of inception of your business.